Wake Up Those Tired, Strained Eyes
Connection is everything in today’s world, and to maintain that connection, many Americans use tablets, smartphones, and computers daily. We live in a digital age, and all this convenience can lead to computer vision syndrome.
Computer vision syndrome (also known as digital eye strain) is a group of vision-related issues that stem from the prolonged use of digital screens.
Crum Optometric Group can provide treatment for tired, strained eyes from computer vision syndrome. Please call us today to discuss your options.
What Causes Computer Vision Syndrome?
Eye strain occurs when you focus on a task or object for an extended period.
Causes of eye strain can include:
- Reading for a long time without pausing to rest your eyes
- Driving long distances
- Exposure to bright lights or glare
- Dim lights
Eye strain becomes computer vision syndrome when your symptoms appear after extended periods using digital screens. Tablets and computers are demanding on your eyesight. Poor posture, ergonomics, glare from your monitor, and viewing distance can also contribute to the strain.
Tips and Tricks to Manage Eye Strain
Here are some tips to help manage your symptoms:
- Adjust the height of your monitor so you don’t stress your neck.
- Take stretch breaks!
- Adjust the light in the room to match your screen.
- Attempt to reduce glare.
- Adjust your screen settings to match your environment.
- Blink often to hydrate your eyes.
Some optometrists recommend following the 20-20-20 rule. Frequent breaks from looking at a screen can help provide relief by relaxing your eyes. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
Say Goodbye to Computer Vision Syndrome
It’s vital to note that some eye conditions have similar symptoms to computer vision syndrome. If you follow our tips and don’t experience significant improvement, please contact the team at Crum Optometric Group so we can find you the relief you deserve.
Come On By
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed